With the silly season just around the corner we have put together some tips on how to have a great Christmas without getting into credit card debt.
With the silly season just around the corner we have put together some tips on how to have a great Christmas without getting into credit card trap.
First things first set your budget, then think of ways you can be creative to reduce costs.
Here are our tips to help you stay on track with your Christmas spending.
- Speak to the adults in your family and suggest a kids only rule for gifts this year.
- Why not try a Kris Kringle for the adults with a strict budget.
- Make homemade gifts which are useful and can have far greater meaning.
- Shop online for bargains.
- Actually check out your junk mail including catalogues with specials before throwing them out.
- Make your own Christmas cards, wrapping paper and decorations - there are some great websites with ideas and instructions.
- If you are hosting Christmas lunch this year dont feel uncomfortable asking your guests to bring something.
- Have a pre Christmas clear out and sell these items online ie Gumtree - the money you make, put back into your Christmas fund.
- Check out discount stores for cheaper options, you can still be fancy without the hefty price tag.
- Start a savings plan for Christmas next year.